Friday, March 25, 2005

Jiggity Jig

Home again. Home again.

We just got back from a basically harrowing trip to Arizona. Eighteen hours in a car with a three year old and a four year old (okay, almost five) is nothing to sneeze at. TWO eighteen hour car trips in SIX days is the fifth circle of hell.

Oh, and did I mention that BOTH kids contracted pinkeye and that is why we came home early? Oh yes, it was a joy. A crusty, oozing, highly contagious joy.

We went down for N's spring break to see our new nephew who was born March 9th (p.s. - he was ADORABLE and he has pointed ears so he looks like a little elf, but my favorite thing was that he peed on my mother just about every time she held him - oh yes, he DOES hold a special place in my heart now).

Tuesday my best friend and I tried to go to a spring training game but unfortunately decided to go to the A's thinking that was the easiest venue (Hohokam being out because Cub's tickets are harder to get and Scottsdale is a pain because there is NO parking whatsoever). Little did we know, but the A's were playing the Diamondbacks and apparently HALF of PHoenix decided to turn out and show the home team a little love. After literally hours of sitting in traffic waiting to get there, we find that the game is sold out.

(Side bitch #1 - I e-mailed my friend over a month ago and told her I wanted to go to a game and asked her to get tickets. But did she? No, of course she did not.

Side bitch #2 - We were in the lefthand turn lane FOREVER because all the saps in front of us kept letting other cars cut in ahead. By the time we reached the actual intersection there had been AT LEAST fifty cars cut in ahead of us. That's what you get for being a good driver who plans ahead to get in the proper lane. I can not even TELL you how irate I was getting.)

But on the plus side - I did PLENTY of shopping and got many cute new tops and bottoms for spring. So it was a good trip from that perspective.

Did I mention that my husband left my purse in a shopping cart at IKEA (which, if you haven't been, is a gigantic labyrinth of a store). Fortunately (for him) he found it. Good thing too. Jackass.

We stayed with my in-laws house which smells like old people (yuck) who smoke (double yuck). We brought a bottle of Febreeze in the car so we could hose ourselves whenever we went out, but I had to wash even our "clean" clothes when I got home because everything just stinks. Ugh!

Sooooooooooo glad to be home!

Did you miss me?