Monday, April 25, 2005

Blogger Amway

Okay Janel, but just this once.....

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be saved?

I'm going to try to save them ALL.

I think I could take those firemen. Or die trying.

Probably the latter, but nothing like buying the farm for a noble cause.


2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

I get crushes on fictional characters ALL THE TIME! Isn't that part of the fun of reading? Putting yourself in the story?

My most RECENT crush is Richard from Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series. I think the fact that he is a werewolf is cool.


3. The last book you purchased?

I don't buy books. I get them from the library for free.

I DID try to buy "Paula" by Isabelle Allende for my best friend, but they only had it in espanol.

I also write a lot of checks to Scholastic (every time my kids get to pick books & I let N's teacher pick a book for class) - come on summer!


4. What are you currently reading?

A Prayer for Owen Meaney by John Irving, but you all already knew that.


5. Five books you would take to a deserted island?

1 - a "How to Survive on a Deserted Island" handbook

2 - The Stand by Stephen King

3 - The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

4 - An entire set of encyclopedias (which I am counting as one book because it's is my list)

5 - Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series (again counting as one - back off)



If you REALLY want to know about me and books, check the side bar. The link goes back to a page where I am entering my book list. I am only up to like 1998, but I am working to get everything back to mid-1988 (when I started keeping track). I also posted all the quotes that I found inspiring / entertaining. I'll let you know when I get it all done - if anyone cares.