Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A+ in Human, F in Divine

Today as I was reading my Self magazine, skipping all the photos of the cellulite-free prepubescent bitches that I'm sure were chain smoking right up until the moment the picture was snapped, I happened to spy the following...

"men are more eager to bring uncomfortable situations to a close, so they offer clean-it-up-fast apologies." Think: "I don't want to fight, so I'm sorry!" Women, in contrast, are quick with courtesy apologies ("Sorry I was late") and less forthcoming with bigger ones. "For women, a true apology often means the end of the discussion, so we put it off until we've talked everything through."

Now, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I've been trying to figure out this whole woman-man-yin-yang-Venus-Mars-Bar stuff for a while now. The above paragraph really made me think. I had NEVER realized that my reticence to apologize was because I felt that the issue bore more discussion.

I always just thought I was right.