Friday, June 10, 2005

A Scooby By Any Other Name...

Yeah, I stole this idea - so sue me. You go to http://babelfish.altavista.com/. Put in a song lyric. Translate it to another language. Translate that translation to another language then translate THAT back to English. Sounds like hilarity would ensue, right? See for yourself...


First verse -

Scooby Dooby Doo
Where are you?
We've got some work to do now.
Scooby Dooby Doo
Where are you?
We need some help from you now.

English - German - French - English

Are Scooby Dooby Doo, where you? We have work, maintaining to make. Are Scooby Dooby Doo, where you? We require assistance of you now.


Anyone besides me think that kind of sucked? Let's try the second verse -

Come on Scooby-Doo,
I see you...
Pretending you got a sliver
But you're not fooling me,
Cause I can see,
The way you shake and shiver.

English - French - Greek - English

Come in Scooby-Doo, sees that... prospome'nos has been acquired a ribbon but me does not deceit, I cause that I can see, the way you shake and tremble.


Apparently some slacking occured here. "Prospome'nos" wasn't an english word the last time I checked.


Moving on to the Chorus -

You know we got a mystery to solve, so Scooby Doo be ready for your act.
Don't hold back!
And Scooby Doo if you come through
you're going to have yourself a scooby snack!
That's a fact!

English - Italian - French - English

Sapete that we have autoconvaincu a mystery to solve, Scooby Doo east waits for your act. It does not hold behind! And Scooby Doo if you come through you will eat you even one leave scooby! That one is a fact!


Okay, FINALLY something funny. Kind of? Work with me here people. (I'm ignoring the non-translated words now because I think Babelfish is just testing me)

"And Scooby Doo if you come through you will eat you.." Of COURSE he will eat himself! He's a DOG. They are talented that way.

Anyhoo...I think BabelFish tires of my shenannegans. More than likely you do too. But just for kicks, let's finish it off...


Scooby-Dooby-Doo,
Here Are You.
You're ready and you're willing.
If we can count on you Scooby Doo,
I know you'll catch that villian.

English - French - Portugese - English

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, here it is vocês. He is ready and are made use. If we can count on vocês Scooby Doo, I know that villian will apanhará to that.


You know... I thought that would be more fun. Maybe I picked the wrong song? Maybe it's because I'm not under the influence of anything stronger than iced tea. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

The upside is you know know the words to the Scooby Doo theme song.

One of them anyway.